About Our Organization
George Jeffrey Children’s Centre (GJCC) is a paediatric outpatient health facility located in Thunder Bay, Ontario. We have been meeting the communication, developmental, and physical needs of children for over 60 years; providing services to infants, children, and adolescents aged birth to 19 years. The Centre is one of twenty Children’s Treatment Centres in the province of Ontario, and we are an active member of the Ontario Association of Children’s Rehabilitation Services (OACRS) www.oacrs.com.
Our Services Include:
- Augmentative Communication
- Occupational Therapy
- Recreation and Leisure Facilitation
- Rural Services (District of Thunder Bay)
- Seating and Mobility
- Speech-Language Pathology
- Social Work
GJCC believes in a family-centred service delivery model of care. Families are recognized as the experts in their child, and work with service providers to make informed decisions about their child’s care. Through this model of care, we respect the uniqueness of each family and give consideration to the strengths and needs of each child and family.
- That persons receiving service shall be afforded the highest standard of care our staff and facilities can offer;
- That each person/family shall be treated with dignity and respect while preserving privacy and confidentiality;
- That each person/family shall be afforded equal opportunity to access the services offered;
- In empowering the person/family to be an active partner in the decision-making and goal-setting processes;
- That we have a role in assisting the person/family to identify needs.